At The Painting Cave we offer classes to students from age 6 years (Grade 1) to age 100. Since we are a teaching studio, beginners of all ages are welcome. Please scroll down to see the classes that we offer.
Adult Art Classes
Most Artists (beginner and professional) could do with a little encouragement, inspiration, motivation, and guidance. Sometimes, just a place to work! A place to meet other artists, do a workshop or an art session with a professional to guide you.
Artists of all levels may book an individual session (2 hours) with me for one on one tutoring at R 400 per session; should you require a single or succession of classes to complete a specific project with my guidance.
We also have a nicely stocked little store that caters for most of our workshops and art mediums.
Payment is required to secure your seat. Please give me a call or drop me an email and I will arrange a date and time with you.
Too often children and parents mistake Craft for Art. Since our focus is on Fine Art, children get to work with all kinds of different Fine Art mediums. Graphite, charcoal, pastels, paint, printing etc. Our focus is on instilling pride and purpose in the work that we do. Learning the correct way to apply mediums, how to COMPLETE a project, how to take care of mediums, and dexterity.
Students will not only learn the basics and finer detail of drawing and painting, but will also be introduced to the works of some of the world’s most famous artists. They will also learn about colour, value-pattern and composition. All materials used are non-toxic.
- The class fees are R500 per person per month payable in advance.
- This entitles you to 4 or 5 weekly scheduled sessions per month.
- There are a number of months in a year where there are 5 weeks. These additional classes in these months will make up for 2 weeks over Christmas and New Year when the studio will be closed.
- We have classes regardless of Public Holidays and school holidays except for the 2 weeks after Christmas and New Year.
- All materials used in class will be provided, including small canvasses from time to time which the student will take home when complete.
- Each teaching session is 1 hour long.
- Most of the work will be done in an Artist’s Sketchbook that will be sent home with the child when it is full, and a new one supplied.
- Payment required on enrolment and subject to availability of seats
Email me for enrollment forms.
A Saturday morning with a bunch of friends, learning a new skill and just having fun. This is what our workshops are about. If you sign up 3 or more people for a workshop, we can set a date for you immediately. Alternatively, we can put you on a list and create a workshop when others sign up and then offer the date to you.
Workshops at The Painting Cave are designed to give you an introduction to different Art forms in a pleasant fun environment where you bring nothing else but a great attitude and a sense of humour. You get to experience these Art forms in a way that will give you a good indication as to whether you would like to continue this as a hobby or not. We stock supplies for you should you decide to continue and we also offer follow up Workshops or Classes for you to attend should this be your calling.
Beginners Painting Workshop
The Elementary Bookbinding Workshop
Creative Paint Technique Workshop
Workshops are offered to 3 or more students. If you would like to reserve your seat for any one of the above Workshops please do so by sending me an email and indicating what date will suite you. We will get back to you to confirm or offer what is available. Workshops will be repeated throughout the year so follow us on Facebook where you will be notified when we have one coming up, or you my send me an email to put you on our mailing list.